August 3, 2017

CCC #260 - Juicy

IMG_3064





Last week I had so much fun playing along with the team at CASology for their 5th Birthday Party that I had to play along again this week when I saw that the cue card was:




Timing couldn't have been better because I just received my new Papertrey Ink Fruit Salad dies and what is juicier than a watermelon in summertime?

Today is National Watermelon Day so I had to make a watermelon card.

tracey_CCC#260

It was one of those days where the lighting was off, here is another shot, the colour is a bit more true to the card here.

tracey_CCC#260

I started off by sponging some Bristol Smooth cardstock with Mowed Lawn regular Distress Ink for the rind and then I sponged Twisted Citron and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Inks for the flesh and the fruit. The three panels were spritzed with water that was soaked up with paper towel. Next I sponged some Black Soot Distress Ink on another panel for the seeds. Then I die cut a stitched rectangle, stamped the sentiment in black and popped it up on a card base with foam tape. The watermelon slice was added with foam tape as well. Finally I added a few sparkling clear sequins filled with silver Stickles.

Thanks for dropping by!


17 comments :

Shelly said...

Oooh, awesome card, Tracey!

Cat Craig said...

That watermelon looks almost good enough to eat.

Sharron said...

Aren't you clever--and timely! This is perfect for Watermelon Day. And your colors are fabulous!

Inkyfingers said...

Such a delicious card Tracey!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute...looks good enough to eat!!!!

Joyce said...

So juicy and delicious. Wish I had gotten those dies. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Maria said...

What a fab summer card, Tracey! That watermelon looks good enough to eat, so yummy!! Great bright colors and awesome sentiment, too!!

Kay Miller said...

Well that is just cute as can be! That watermelon is so fun! Really cute card Tracey!

Lisa Elton said...

I enjoyed some watermelon today and didn't even know it was national watermelon day!! love how yummy your slice of melon looks. This is delightful Tracey!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Tracey ... so deliciously mouthwatering! Hugs, Anita :)

Jen W. said...

So happy to have you back with us not once but twice! That watermelon looks good enough to eat!

Barb Ghig said...

Well, I am always in the mood for watermelon, so your card has totally hit the spot, Tracey! Beautiful ink blending to achieve all those great colors and I love your distressed sentiment!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog with your sweet comments and to take time to leave words of comfort as well! You're the BEST!!!

Deidre said...

Hey Tracey! So great to see your lovely work again with us. That card is yummy :) Thanks for sharing again!

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Tracey!!! Look at that big watermelon. It loos so delicious. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Hannelie said...

My mouth stated watering the moment I saw this Tracey!
Fabulous card!
Thank you so much for joining us at CASology !

Annette Allen said...

I love this card.. yay for watermelon.. :)