January 22, 2016

The Paper Players CAS Valentine

IMG_9488


Happy Friday!

Popping in today with a card for the Paper Players Clean and Simple Valentine challenge.
It was so fun to make a card just 'because'. You always expect to make resolutions when the new year begins and for me, in the past, those resolutions get broken pretty quickly. Instead of  resolutions this year I am following Ali Edward's lead and chose 'one little word'. In retrospect if I were to look back at 2015 and pick a word it would have been 'chaos', don't get me wrong it was a great year but so so many things were happening at one time. This year the word I chose is 'balance', I chose that word because I need to take a step back and keep things in balance. Reduce stress, don't take on more than I can handle, look after my health, get more rest and primarily enjoy life. Wish me luck with this one.

I started by sponging some Spun Sugar Distress ink onto a watercolour panel, then I flicked some water droplets onto it and left it to dry. I  had a sheet of watercolour paper on my desk that I had used to play with my Gansai watercolours. I die cut my hearts and sentiment from the panel for my card. That is the fun thing about playing with your inks and watercolours, you can always use whatever you have done for something else.


tracey_forever



I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that you stay warm and safe from Jonas. My hubby is in North Carolina and they have declared a state of emergency. He is in Charlotte where it is expected to be hit with ice or snow or both. No worries, he grew up in Canada. 


26 comments :

Colleen said...

Stunning card, Tracey and in your element...clean and simple!!

sandie said...

Perfect word for 2016. I should really think on my word. This card really is quite dreamy. I love the one open and one closed heart. Have a good day x

Karen B. said...

My parents and twin live in NC but ate from WI so they are shaking their heads at all the activity. Hope your husband stays safe. Best to just stay in. Your card and post are lovely. Good luck with finding balance it is a good goal to have.

Donna said...

This is most definitely 'pretty in pink' :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby said...

You have such a light touch with your sponging, Tracey. I need to practice that. Your card is simple but so lovely.
My niece lives in Charlotte but having lived in North Carolina myself, I know everyone's prepared because even the talk of snow clears the grocery stores of staples. Now if they just stay off the roads.

I Card Everyone said...

Your guy will weather anything that storm chooses to throw his way - and he'll show those Carolinians a thing or two, I'm betting!
Tracey I love your One Word - balance is key, isn't it? Your heart is in the perfect place ... even on your card! xo
=]

Kay Miller said...

Very pretty! I love your soft pink background!!

Hannelie said...

So clean, so simple and so effective Tracey! LOVE this!
Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
ps... hope your hubby will be safe out there in the icy conditions!

Barb said...

Clean and simple perfection, Tracey! Love this card!

Linda said...

So soft and pretty Tracey.

Julia Aston said...

love the watery background you created for your hearts!

Maria said...

Perfect CAS sweetness, Tracey!! I love the hearts and die cut word...perfect!!

Unknown said...

This is SO pretty Tracey!! Love the background!!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous! Beautifully CAS and graphic, love it Tracey.

Annette Allen said...

very pretty.. i love the light texture on the heart..

Lynn said...

A great word for you. I true need to keep working on balance. Let's keep each other in check :) Love your soft water color card.

stampwithsandy said...

What an awesome card, Tracy! Love how you watercolored everything, and also the water splotches. I can never do that right! Thanks so much for playing along with my Valentine Challenge at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Perfectly CAS Tracy - I love the delicate colouring and water droplets. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Tracey this is absolutely fabulous! Love the background and the water splotches. Perfectly clean and oh so elegant...thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Lindsey said...

It's amazing how much interest the water droplets add to this pretty CAS valentine! I think you've chosen an excellent word for 2016... and yes, good luck!

Lisa Elton said...

I wish you the VERY BEST of luck in keeping this year in balance Tracey! Your card is perfectly CAS and perfectly pretty! Hope hubby is safe and warm. Thank goodness the storm went south of us!

Darnell said...

I remember when we all chose a single word a couple three years ago. I like that idea, too, and I really like the word balance! It's SO important! I do wish you luck and I know you can do it, Tracey!! Your Valentine is divine!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant choice of words, Tracey ... I hope your life is truly balanced this year, after so much busy-ness last! Beautiful card ... lovely soft sponging ... perfectly placed hearts ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Dana M said...

One word - GORGEOUS!

Joyce said...

Stunning valentine, Tracey. Also, I think your one little word for this year is perfect for you.