March 11, 2012

Make it Monday #56: Die Cutting Partial Images

Betsy Veldman did this weeks Make It Monday video on making partial die cuts.  I decided to use the first Framed Out die to create a gatefold card.  Creating the die cut was fairly simple, I chose the method of rolling my die part way in and then back out.  I love Stampers Select cardstock, but as many of you know it isn't the easiest to fold or have it stay flat.  I ended up putting some removable tape behind the die cut to keep my card closed, it shouldn't interfere with it when given to the recipient.




All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: White, Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: Frame Out #1, Think Big Favorites #13
Ink: Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores
Dies: Frame Out #1
other: craft knife

Pin It

7 comments :

Suzanne Russell said...

Such a clever take on the challenge, Tracey! I love the colors and I am falling in love with stars again. The interior message is perfect!

Cyndie said...

Wow, great idea to do a gate fold card for this challenge! I might have to try that! The card looks great in these colors, andI love the stars!

Joyce said...

Super take on the challenge. I love a gate fold card, and it looks so cute with that image. Great colors, too.

Mara Campbell said...

What a fun idea!! I love how you card is folded and it's a very clever take on the challenge.

Unknown said...

Love the cool opening and these fun colors, Tracey! Big hugs!!

Ally said...

Look at you getting all busy with your new supplies! I love it. ;-) Nice work on the partial die-cut challenge - you can tell I was intimidated, since I didn't even bother. Meh.

I love how you worked this one out. ;-)

Marybeth said...

Great take on the MIM challenge . Fun gate fold card .
This MIM was a lot of work for me.