March 23, 2012

colourQ challenge #129

Sorry about my absence this week.  I can say that exhaustion and a migraine have been the culprits. :(  I have my supplies sorted out on my desk for the projects I plan to create this weekend.

We have had extremely unusual weather here in Toronto this week.  The typical weather in March is around 10 C which is 50 F.  This week we have had weather hovering around 27 C which is 80 F. The sun has been shining and the sky has been blue.  Needless to say the neighbourhood have come alive--everyone is out of their house in shorts and T-shirts, the kids are playing in the streets, the high school left a message reminding parents about the dress code and the windows are open.  I looked out my kitchen window this morning to see the my Forsythia is in full yellow bloom and my crocus, daffodils and tulips are popping out of the ground!   That is the first sign of spring in Ontario.  Yay!

Okay moving on to my colourQ card for this week.  Arielle has offered us a beautiful palette of spring blues and purples.  My cardstock stash is primarily Papertrey so I translated the colours as Blueberry Sky, Aqua Mist, Lavender Moon and Autumn Rose.  I created a top fold card of Blueberry Sky.  Then I layered an embossed panel of white with an Aqua Mist scallop border created with my Hearts Border die.  For my focal point I pulled out one of my favourite stamps, the Mehndi Medallion, and stamped one in Autumn Rose and one in Aqua Mist.  Then I used my Beautiful Blooms 1 die to die cut one large and one medium of each stamped image.  Backed by an Autumn Rose scallop, adhered with foam dots for dimension, and topped with a Lavender Moon button. Throw on a sentiment and done.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend.






All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: Blueberry Sky, Autumn Roe, Aqua Mist, White
Stamps: Mehndi Medallion, 
Ink: Autumn Rose, Aqua Mist (PTI), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Dies: Beautiful Blooms 1, Banner Borders, Scallop Circle (Spellbinders)
other: foam dots, button, embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

13 comments :

Suzanne said...

Hi Tracey! I hope you feel better soon! I love how you diecut the medallion and layered the banners - very clever! And pretty!

Joyce said...

I'm right next to you on the linky thingy. We were working on the same challenge today. And, I've got your goods on my desk. How scary is all that! What a fabulous card. I love your interpretation of the challenge. Stamping the Mehndi Medallion on those flower die cuts is brilliant. I'm going to try that, esp. since I never bought those stamps, just the dies.

Joyce said...

Oh, forgot to add how sorry I am about your migraine. What a bummer.

Lisa Elton said...

Well there you are, I've missed you Tracey! So sorry you've been under the weather, hope you feel better soon. Your card is wonderful! Love the great layered medallions and banner. Have a great weekend ;)

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Tracey, love that focal point.

Marybeth said...

Hi! Sorry you have not been feeling well. Love what you have done with the medallion, its gorgeous!The raised banner is very pretty layered on the embossed white. Hope you can feel better soon and stay well.

Sylvia said...

Pretty card, Tracey. Thanks for joining us for the ColourQ color challenge.

Cyndie said...

Gosh, so sorry about your migraine! I wonder if it could be weather-related--I get headaches when the humidity is high or a low-pressure system is coming through. Take care of yourself!

Now, as for this card, it is SO cute! I love the way you have layered the flower with different colors and patterns, and love the way you layered the sentiment banner too! This is a challenging color combo, but you nailed it!

Unknown said...

So pretty, Tracey!! I love that flower, and all the pretty texture:) Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for playing ColourQ.

Patricia said...

what a beautiful card....

Vicky Hayes said...

Sorry to hear about the migraine Tracey - hope it's passed now. Your card is lovely with that layer flower on the beautiful embossed background and I like the double strip at the bottom too. The weather is doing the same thing in the UK - it's way warmer than it's supposed to be. Scary.

Suzanne Bier said...

So pretty, Tracey! Great idea to stamp the medallion over the die-cuts! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

I love the simplicity of this card and the yummy texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at the colourQ!