January 12, 2012

Ben's Birthday Card

It is a wet and snowy day here today. Just like it was a snowy day 17 years ago on this day, so I was told. I was in Labour & Delivery at the hospital to have my first born, Ben.  Wow, time has flown, it feels like it was just yesterday. I am sharing the card I made for him that was inspired by this post HERE by Debbie Gaydos, this post HERE by Jen A. and plans I already had to use the car from Enjoy the Ride.  Fitting since he got his driver's license last week.




All Supplies are from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted:

Cardstock: Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Hawaiian Shores,
Orange Zest, White
Stamps:  Enjoy the Ride, Background Basics: Circles
Ink: Aqua Mist, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Dies: Enjoy the Ride, Limitless Layers, Rainbows & Clouds (Lil' Inkers)
other: foam dots, Copics Y35, Y38, B41, T2
Pin It

8 comments :

Marybeth said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Love the card you made Tracy. I used the bug for my sons 23rd birthday ,on the 9th. Just didn't post it. I love the way you made yours so colorful! I know they grow up to fast. Im very fortunate to still see all 4 of my children quite often. Thank God! Because I would miss them if I did not. Take care.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy birthday Ben & congrats on the license! What a fun card you've made for him Tracey I'm sure he loved it.

Ally said...

Great card, Tracey. Perfect for the occasion! Happy Birthday to your son, and great job on a card well done. ;-)

Cyndie said...

Oh, how cute! I can almost see a leprechaun driver! Tell Ben Happy Birthday from all of us! Oh, and congrats on your MIM shout-out the other day!

Jill Norwood said...

Happy Birthday to your son Ben! Wow 17! My son just turned 7 in July and I feel like it was yesterday! Time goes by so fast! Congrats on becoming a Mom 17 years ago! I know it was one of the best and most memorable days of my life when my son Tim was born! Your card is wonderful - I bet he loves it!

Joyce said...

Oh, they grow so fast, don't they. Before I know it, I will be using that set for my oldest daughter---eek. Wonderful card. I especially like the sunburst behind the car. Congrats on your MIM card shout out!

Sherry Wright said...

This is awesome Tracey.. hope he had a great b-day! Love your MIM cards as well.. fab! Enjoy your weekend. :)

Marlena M. said...

Happy Birthday to your son! Great card-this set is sitting in my virtual cart. ;)